Ahhhh. The infamous first post. No idea what to say or if anyone will ever read my blog. They said it was a good idea to blog, so here I am. I blogged a little in college and no one paid any attention, which is a shame because I was really ambitious back then. I really think I should have done some advertising or something back then. Maybe it would have done some good. Well, I'm MUCH older now and I do a lot for work... I run a website Buttas Body Bar , where I peddle all the girlie stuff I love. Sunglasses, hair, makeup etc. I've written a couple of books: Memoirs of a New Age Feral Child simply about my life, the foster care system, how I dealt with homelessness as a teen etc. The Black Woman's Guide to Red Flags in Relationships . This I did out of sheer boredom in between classes at Alabama A&M University. I don't even think I edited this book. Just hit publish. LOL!...
Popular posts from this blog
Reading to write... what's involved? (Part Three)
I'll just get right into it today. Try to keep it short and sweet for you since I'm aware you're probably reading this because you're a writer or are inspired to be one - there's probably not enough time in the day for you. On to... Q4. So, why can't I just watch a movie, be inspired and start writing? The answer is not as simple as the question. Have you seen Lord of the Rings? How about Harry Potter? The action scenes in planet of the Apes? Dances with Wolves? Any action scene or even love scene in any movie that started as a book? Can you write that scene out without having read the book? (I think this will be my next writers challenge ) This challenge has been completed click writer's challenge above to view and or complete the challenge. (-; I did this with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets movie. I watched the scene where Harry and Ron are in the flying car in the beginning of the movie. I decided to ...
Comments
Post a Comment